The list provided below is not to be considered an all inclusive list of licenses for the City of Racine.
NO LICENSING AFTER 4:30 p.m.
"Class B" liquor license information"
The City of Racine currently has no "Class B" Liquor Licenses available.
Please continue to visit this website for further information (Updated 09.11.17)
Please contact the City of Racine City Clerk’s Office for information to be placed on the “Class B” waiting list at (262) 636-9171.
|Reserve "Class B"
NOTE: If an applicant has a Reserve “Class B” License, they will automatically receive the opportunity to apply for the first Regular “Class B” License.
Combination “Class B” alcohol licenses, Reserve “Class B”, “Class A” and Class “A” alcohol licenses have quotas in the City of Racine.
Waiting List Procedure for “Class B” License
- An applicant must pay $1,000.00 fee towards a “Class B” License to be placed on the waiting list. Applicants will be placed on the waiting list in order of fee submission and other required materials. An original alcohol beverage license application (AT-106) is required with the fee.
- The first applicant on the list will be considered for the first available regular “Class B” license, when one becomes available.
- When the first license becomes available, the necessary fees from the $1,000.00 paid by the first applicant will be used to begin the application process for the regular license. If the application is approved by the Common Council, the license will be awarded. Any funds remaining after application will be deposited in the City Treasury.
This fee is NON-REFUNDABLE.
If the license is withdrawn or denied, a refund should be issued of any portion of that money that has not been earned (processing fee, background check fees, publication fee if any, etc).
Applications are available at the City Clerk’s Office, City Hall 730 Washington Avenue, Room 103, Racine, WI, On the Department of Revenue website at
Questions? Contact the City Clerk’s Office at (262) 636-9171 or via
Application for Operators - Bartenders License
For new applicants, you must present a valid identification & Responsible Beverage Course Certificate with application
For renewal applicants, you must submit a new application & have had an Operator's License with us or present your unexpired License from another municipality
Stationary Engineer License
The fee for a renewal of a Stationary Engineer License is $25.00. Please bring a valid identification and your asope card.
- There is no application for Stationary Engineers License
Checklist for obtaining a Liquor-Beer-Soda-Amusement License
Checklist for obtaining a Pawnbroker-Secondhand License
- "CLASS B" TAVERNS
- "CLASS B" CLUBS
- "CLASS A" LIQUOR STORES
- "CLASS B" BEER RESTAURANTS
- "CLASS C" WINE/"CLASS B" BEER RESTAURANTS
- "CLASS A" BEER STORES
- PUBLIC FACILITY PERMIT
Due to the complexity and requirements associated with applying for
Alcohol licenses, you should contact the City Clerk's office for detailed
Policy Guidelines Related to Alcohol Beverage Licenses - Arrests and Conviction Records
Policy Guidelines Document
Tourist Rooming House