Recycling Is Just The Start
You're a winner!
As a faithful recycler, you've been playing an important role in doing whats best for our environment. In fact, for many of us, recycling was the start in awareness of our environment. Not that recycling has become a commonplace term in the household, anther teammate has joined the environmental awareness race: pre-recycling.
What is Pre-cycling?
Pre-cycling is thinking about waste before recycling or disposal time. You need to make good decisions when making purchase to save resources and stop waste at its source before it happens.
Ways to Pre-cycle
Before shopping, ask yourself...
- What do I need to do the job?
- Do I already have a product that will do the job?
- How much do i really need?
- When and where will I use it?
- How much will be left when i use it?
While shopping, reflect upon your real needs...
- Will this product last a long time?
- Which package makes the least waste?
- What does the label say?
- Does the product serve my needs?
- What size do I really need?
Take care of the product and its packaging properly...
- Share or donate and leftovers.
- Repair it instead of replacing it.
- Reuse or refill it if possible.
After finishing using the product...
- Recycle the packaging
- Dispose of it properly - only as a final option